Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Funny Enough to blog about

Here is another little quip from my son>  
Sunday night at the dinner table.
Cameron, my brother was over for dinner and telling me about our sister, Megan's new boyfriend.  
Cameron: So Megan has a new boyfriend.

Me: a WHAT? No one told me, where have I been.  (seriously megan?)  

Cameron: Yeah his name is Mitch.

Nico: Mitch, (pause)....... (and under his breath he starts mumbling, and then blurts loudly)  Hey Mitch rhymes with bitch.   

Nick and I look at each other, and though I should clearly tell him that's a bad word and help him find another word to rhyme, we all start dying laughing.  

I'm proud of him for listening to the rhyming sounds, that means he's learned something in kindergarten and maybe we could work on some more.

5 comments:

Kinsie said...

OH MY! I would have busted up laughing too...how do you not? The surprise factor makes it impossible to scold first and laugh later! ;)

Betsy said...

That is a pretty funny story!!

queenieweenie said...

that's too funny.

Marissa said...

Before I even read Nico's quote, I was already thinking to myself "Hey Mitch rymes with &!^@#". Me and Nico, tow peas in a pod!

{priscilla} said...

LOL! Hey, at least your son didn't come home from his first month of kindergarten and tell you....and I quote.."Mom, I love you, you're such a mother plucker" all loving and hugging on you!Oh Yeah, I had to laugh! But also had to tell him "sweetie, that's a naughty word. where did you hear that from?" with a big smile I was trying to hide! I've told that story to soooo many people and they die laughing!!