Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I got ambushed

I wanted to post something on the great state of our health after Sophie's little slip up, but alas, that is sooo not the case.  We enjoyed a great Thanksgiving weekend, (more to come) and then Saturday night I got the flu.  The thing with me is, I don't throw up.  I haven't since Easter 1986. So not joking.  I get all the way to that point and then nothing.  So I don't get the relief ever.  Luckily my bout didn't last very long and I was feeling better by Sunday morning. Just in time for Nick to get it.  Nick spent all Sunday in bed running to and from the bathroom.  No details necessary, we've all been there.  Nick was feeling better by Sunday night and I thought maybe it would wash over us without Sydney and Nico catching it.    Until.....

Last night.  2:00am Nico wakes me up crying, and continues said crying all through the night.  I made a bed for him in the bathroom and he slept next to the toilet.  So obviously he wouldn't be going to school.  So when Syd woke up and heard that Nico was sick, like magic, her stomach was hurting.  I didn't believe her and sent her to school.  Then at 8:20 am, after only being at school for 30 minutes the nurse calls me, Sydney's in her office and stomach still hurting.  I asked the nurse if she thought Syd was faking, and she told me she thought the pain was credible.  So I loaded the kids up and picked her up.   I didn't even get a 1/2 mile from the school when I had to pull over so Syd could throw up on the sidewalk.  Hey at least it wasn't my car.  She seems to have gotten the worst case.  Nico is already back to himself, but poor Syd has been over the kitchen sink all day, and even as I'm typing this.    

So we all spent the day in our jammies, I decorated for Christmas, and caught up on some stuff around the house.    I have been meaning to take care of these things, so I'm grateful to have the time.  I just hope my baby girl starts feeling better soon.  

3 comments:

Kinsie said...

I know how you feel!...Kourtney has been the only one to escape the evil bug so far...Kaitlin definitely got it the worsed--she's missed two days of school and still doesn't feel al the way better. I hope we all get better soon! :)

Betsy said...

It's going around Utah too... All I can say is flu shot - smhoo shot. It didn't help us one bit!

queenieweenie said...

WHY is it always at the Holidays when this hits with a vengeance???

Hang in there.