So.......it's been a little while since i took my teeth to the dentist. There, i confessed. To be honest it feels good to get that off my chest. That said......for the last few months i have been having some aching in my teeth. I noticed it most on a girls date night with Jennie and we went out for frozen yogurt. The pain in my mouth was so bad i started rocking back and forth in the store. But it passed and I let it go. The pain would come and go, but more recently it was getting unbearable. I couldn't eat, drink or breath in air without searing, shooting pain. So last week I got up the nerve to call our dear friend Dr. David Gardner, I lived at his house growing up as a teen and young adult. His daughter and I were great friends. And I sucked up the nerve and went in. Well, i was no joke, shaking in the chair while i waited for him. Shaking when he hugged me. And after some xrays.....sure enough.....i had an abscess from a cracked filling and I needed a ROOT CANAL. I have never had one of these before so I thought back to everyone else I knew that had had one. They didn't have good things to say about them, so my nerves were revving up. I was setting myself up for some major trauma.
Um.....I didn't feel a thing. I had no idea he was even giving me the shot, and he chatted me up the whole time I had no idea he had drilled a giant hole in my tooth and was sticking needles up to kill the nerve. It was pure bliss. Who knew the dentist could be that enjoyable. I would take a root canal anyday over what came next.
The root canal, cake. The cleaning I got after was pure h#*!. I thought on many different occasions during the cleaning i could just get up and run away. It felt like the hygienist was killing my mouth very slowly. I had tears streaming down my face. I blame it all on that stupid CAVITRON machine that is supposed to make your cleaning faster and more effective. Well, faster? yes i suppose but whenever someone is inflicting intense pain it feels like forever. Felt like needles being shoved down my gums. I feel like I tolerate pain fairly well but this was over the top. NO wonder I had been avoiding the dentist, cleanings suck.
I have to go back this week to finish my root canal and i am looking forward to that cuz no cleaning is happening. but the thought of having to do this again in 6 months makes me very sad.




2 comments:
Ugh, Rachel...that is awful!
I had a root canal and crown done while I was 7 months preggers with #3...very little medication-it was not fun. Needless to say, I think that's why I went into early labor!
Good luck with visit #2!
I liked that story.. :) Do you know how to get in touch with Breanne? Does she blog? Any help would be great! Hope the trip was good too. Can't wait for photos!
Post a Comment