Sunday, March 28, 2010

Daddy/Daughter Date Night


(sophie insisted on popping into the photos with her apple)
(daddy and syd before they left)

(sydney and her friend Shay)
On Friday night Nick took Sydney on a date to her first daddy/daughter dance at school. We had originally told her that Nick was busy that night and they couldn't go. She was bummed but understood. Then Thursday night we figured out he could take her. So Friday I ran over to the school and purchased their tickets and we surprised her with the news that they WERE going. She was so happy. We curled her hair, picked out a cute dress and got her looking dazzling. They had a great time. They danced away the night, ate some delish dinner and spent the night with some soccer dads and girls that were there. Sydney came home with a giant smile on her face. I am so glad they had this time together. I know they share a bond over soccer but is was so nice to see them have this special time together.



4 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

So happy to hear it turned out so well. Syd looks beautiful!

Sherwoods said...

How fun! I always loved daddy daughter dates. She is so cute in her new dress!

Hangin with the Burke's said...

I am so glad she had a good time was excited to go. How fun for them!

Joanna said...

That is so good that Nick was willing to go to that with her. Daddy/Daughter dates are the best :)