(his smile brightens my life)
(love all these candids)
(always love me some Sophie)
This is my Grandpa Welsh. He is one of my most favorite people in the world. And has been since I was a very little girl. I love everything about him. When I was a little girl we lived with him and my grandma for a while and I'm pretty sure that's where my love affair started. In my entire life I have never even seen him irritated, and my mom is pretty sure she's never seen him mad in her lifetime. That's amazing. He's the kindest, most loving man. Every time I see him he lets me know how wonderful he thinks I am, how wonderful my children and husband are. He tells me over and over how much he loves me. He lives in Washington State with his wife Carole. My grandmother passed away when I was 9. And whenever they come down to California (about every 3 months) he always comes to see me for a afternoon. It means the world to me. I love to sit and visit with him. He tells me stories of my grandmother, whom I miss tremendously. He offers grandfatherly advice. And we just relish in our time together.
When I was a little girl I loved to feel his hair. He has had the same haircut for my entire life. His buzz cut is so soft and whenever us grandkids would feel it, he would nuzzle his head against our face and give us a kiss. He is so cool too. He still wears dickies pants and vans. He has accomplished so much in his life. I can remember him taking care of my grandmother when she was sick with cancer, I knew as a young child he was a wonderful husband. I am so glad my children have had the chance to get to know him, and to love him like I do. My life is infinitely better having him as my grandfather. I love him oh, so much.
My sister Charlotte just happened to by here from BYU for Thanksgiving when he visited and I was so happy to share my visit with her. And I hope Charlotte and my grandpa love these pics I snapped during his visit.











1 comment:
this is the sweetest post. love your tender feelings about your grandpa...he sounds wonderful...no wonder you love him so much!
Post a Comment