Saturday, October 18, 2008

Congrats Mr. G

The other day Mr. G and his gang unit, South Bureau Gangs, were honored with The Meritorious Unit Citation award. This is a HUGE honor. We didn't realize how huge until Mr. G got there on Thursday. I didn't go because we didn't think it was any big deal. Mr. G has received many different commendations over the years he's worn the Badge. But he said there were wives and families there. I feel bad. Chief Bratton and all the top brass there there presiding over the ceremony, and Chief Bratton awarded all the officers. This award hasn't been issued in 5 years. So Mr. G said there were photographers and such there as well. I am so proud of Mr. G and his unit for risking their lives and putting all these bad, scary men and boys in jail. No mistaking, I won't miss another award ceremony again. Here are some pics
Mr. G and Chief Bratton

Mr. G and his buddies from the unit.  These guys are really great, over the years we have had the chance to go on vacations to the river with all them and their families and had such a great time.

The entire Unit
Mr. G and one of his best friends on the job, Hector Chairez.  



2 comments:

queenieweenie said...

I love me a man in uniform! Good job Nick!

{priscilla} said...

Congrats Mr.G! Be safe out there!