Friday, October 17, 2008

Silly thought


Since I read Cades funny thoughts on Marissas blog, the thought came to me that since this is my journal I too need to right down some of my kids clever sayings before I forget them.  Granted mine arent't as classic as Cade's but they did give me a good chuckle.  

So last night we were at Disneyland for some fun and we were on Pirates. Sydney asked me

Syd: Mom, what's a wench?

Me: It's a single lady.

Syd: Pauses for a second, "oh, so Aunt Kelly's a wench...and so are all my aunties"

Me: You bet kiddo.  


Second Senario was this summer

Sydney called Nico into the kitchen

Syd: Nico it's 11:11, make a wish.

They had a little discussion among themselves and as Nico turned to run down the hall alone, he mumbles under his breath.....

Nico: I really wish I was a superhero.  

It was one of those moments when a mom clutches her chest and wishes they stay that innocent for ever.  


1 comment:

Betsy said...

How do that aunties feel about being wenches? Side note- are any of the other trost kiddos married yet? I guess I'm asking about Lauren specifically- since Kelly obviously isn't, and I don't think Megan is either- I'd be interested to know.