Friday, October 24, 2008

A mother's plea

Dear October,
Enough already, I am so sick of this 95 degree weather.   Where are your cool days and cooler nights?  I hate, hate, hate the heat and this is really getitng old fast.  I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.  So suck it up and let the cold in.  I want to wear jeans and long sleeves, sweatshirts and socks.  I want a fire in my fireplace, hot chocolate in my hand and a blanket in my lap.  Maybe I was made for somewhere with real winters, who knows.   But when I'm still walking out of the gym at 10:00 am and it's 80 degrees outside I want to scream.  

So to the October Gods, please hear my pleas.  Let me be cold not hot.  
Thank You
Sincerely,
Roasting in Chino

7 comments:

Kinsie said...

I agree with you 100%! Alaska's looking pretty good right now!

Marissa said...

I thought I was made for the cold too. Until I actually lived in it! It's nice for a month, then it gets pretty old. Just be grateful that you can drive and go outside.

Blume Bunch said...

Im with you. We had to TURN ON THE AC full blast so i could sit and have hot chocolate one night last week :) not quite the same but it did its job :)

queenieweenie said...

AMEN!

Tanya said...

Too funny and very well put. I hope your plea is answered because starbucks hot chocolate is really calling my name.

{priscilla} said...

Amen to that sista!

kahnfam said...

You can send some of that heat this way. I'm freezing and really sad winter weather is already here!