Saturday, July 28, 2007

BOAT TRIP

So we just got back from our little trip to the river. It was a fun adventure to say the least.
Nick and I got in our usual boat fights. No big deal it happens every time. This time Nick taught me how
to drive the boat. It was a little confusing and I didn't feel quite comfortable. I guess that comes with time.
Sydney and Nico drove the boat too and Syd did a great job. Better than me. Nico liked turning the boat in
circles. Sydney and Nico rode on the innertubes and loved them.
They kept telling us to go faster. We had my sister Olivia with us and I don't know if we would
have survived without her. It was great to have her to help corral the kids.
And we were happy she came. She had never been on a boat before.
Here are the kids on one of the innertubes. Don't they look thrilled.
This is a picture of the storm that was chasing us in on the first day. We made it to the
docks and I had just sent Olivia and the kids to cover in the Marina when it just started hailing with
huge gusts of wind. And Nick and I were trying to tie the boat up and cover it for the night. When we finished we all stripped to our bathing suits and hiked in the pouring rain up to the car. We looked like we had just gotten out of the shower. Sophie loved it.

Here is Sophie just chillin' in her chair. She was awful the whole trip. I don't think she felt great. And she hated being hot. Plus she is real particular about naps and sleep and they were all out of whack which made for a cranky little girl.

Me and a very sunburned Nick on day 2.

Me , my sister Olivia and Sydney on Day 2

My pictures got out of order when i downloaded them. This was the kids when we arrived on Tuesday night. Look at how dirty Nico's face is. Sophie is crying and Sydney is annoying both of them.
GOOD TIMES!!!!

A moment of pure boredom while Nick was filling the boat with gas.
The kids catching some wind on the boat on Day 1
Sydney my little fish.
Me and Sophie. I think this pic is funny because the life jacket Sophie is wearing makes it look like she has a boys package in the diaper area. We had a great time and are already itching to take the boat out again.


2 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Rachel, It looks like you guys had such a fun trip! How long was the drive there? What fun that you guys have a boat. I love to water ski and wish we went more often. Your kids are darling and you are one hot mama! You look great in your swimsuit... you'd never know you have had three babies!
Did your sister fly out to be with you guys on your trip? It is SO nice to have help.

zuniga family said...

It looks like you had so much fun. When did Olivia grow up??? What?? She is beautiful!Sorry about the cranky baby! I know how that is! Hey what about next week sometime. I go back to work on August 23 so we need to get together before then. I putting a deadline on our get together because I am sick of all this talk and no action!