Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Trost Girls Take New York By Storm

When I was in Virginia, me and three of my sisters took a weekend trip to New York. The trip there took way too long. We hit traffic, so what should have been a 4 hour trip took 7 hours. There were moments in the car when I thought I would pee my pants I was laughing so hard. My sisters crack me up. Everyone has silly nicknames in my family. Don't ask me why. For example Lauren= dwayne, Megan=margaret, kelly=queeda. So they thought it was time I was honored with a nickname. So they began calling me skinny weinie. And one night my sisters asked Nico what my nickname was and he told them it was Rachel Weiner. So that's what my nickname was changed to. (thank you nico) and they call me wiener for short.


Here we are at the Southside Seaport, by the Folsum fish market.
(Dwayne, Queeda, Wiener and Margaret)

We had been craving Mrs. Fields cookies my entire trip to Virginia and by sheer chance we found one in the first hour of arriving in New York.

Our First night there all dressed up and headed to Broadway to see Phantom of the Opera. Two of my sisters hadn't seen it yet. (gasp)

This is Ronnie, whom we met while shopping on Canal Street. He hooked us up with mega deals and asked my single sisters for their numbers. We loved him.

Here we are shopping on canal street. We had such a great time. After our Broadway show Lauren who practically lives in New York called up some of her friends and they told her about a great restaurant. She failed to tell us how far away it was and we walked about 55 blocks to get there. But.... the restuarant was worth it. If ever you are in New York Go eat at Patsy's. It's a pizza, pasta joint. Best pizza and pasta i've had out side Italy when nick and i were there 5 years ago. And not especially expensive.

2 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

SO MUCH FUN! I love New York!!! It is such an amazing place. I loved seeing pictures of you and your sisters. I can imagine the four of you about peeing your pants laughing so hard. Fun times! Your sisters are so grown up now. I can't believe it. I bet you really miss them. Will you ever move out near your parents?

Rachel Garces said...

I do miss them. I don't think we'll ever move to be near them, nick retires in 10 years from LAPD and we want to stay near the beach. There is a definate east coast style that nick and i don't fit into.