Thursday, March 06, 2008

First time for......

Yesterday was full of Firsts.....


First... Fight. Well sort of. Nico got injured at the gym yesterday. He and another boy's head collided. The boys head was fine, Nico not so fine. I was called over the intercom and I thought Sophie had yet again messed her pants. She does this daily, and I get called out every time. But no, it was Nico all bloody. Split his lip open big time, blood all down his shirt, big fat lip. He'll live. But the other boy was crying he felt so bad so I spent a couple minutes comforting the attacker. Kidding. I felt bad that he was so shaken up over an accident.
Here we are, blood and fat lip and all.
Say cheese Fatty Lip. It's looking much better today but still very noticeable.
Next was the FIRST time my kids have ridden in these shopping cart bus things. I felt guilty because we came straight from the gym with the wounded boy and I just wanted him to feel good, so I volunteered this thing. It must have been my endorphines from the intense workout that left my inhibitions in the car. Never again. Althought they had a good time and were relatively good, Sophie the Sneaky, was able to take off her shoes and drop them throught Vons. So that when we got to Register #5 to pay some kind lady had turned them in there and her shoes were waiting for us. Now I did not see this happen. Which is why I prefer Sophie the Sneaky to be right in front of me. And I almost knocked down like 15 different displays, because those darn carts are so freakin huge.
Sophie the Sneaky's FIRST time out...... She has figured out how to open the XBox while Nico is playing and end his game and she kept doing this yesterday. She got warned, and warned and failed to listen so she got timeout. She would make it for about 15 seconds and then think it was time to jump up and play. So I kept sitting her down so she would sit the full minute. So the next couple pictures show how time out went down. In the pic above just a little irritated. in the pic below a little angry.
Next is tears. And then....

The full blown tantrum. She finally figured it out and sat there for her full minute. Not liking it, but doing it. I'm actually suprised. It all was a little funny to watch.

Then her FIRST piano lesson.

Ok, so Nick and I are implementing this new rule in our house that no one can yell at all for any reason other than sports on TV. (that's for Nick) And if they do what they're asked w/out complaining then they earn extras, like tv and video game time, playing with friends, getting smoothies at 7-11 etc. So Nico wanted to play XBox and I told him if he went and read in his room for 20 minutes then he could play video games for 30 minutes. He agreed and disappeared. I didn't actually think he would follow through, so a few minutes later I went to check on him figuring he would be playing with toys in his room and sure enough he was curled up on his bed reading for the full time. He didn't even fall asleep doing it. I was shocked, maybe this no yelling/reward thing could work. Wish us luck. Below is the pile of books I found him reading.
And here he is enjoying his reward.

Sorry no FIRSTS for Sydney. She was playing with her friend next door and wasn't bothering me. So I guess that is a FIRST.

6 comments:

Joanna said...

Bruin had such a good time with Nico yesterday at the church and at the park. We will have to get them again together soon to play. Seems they are both interested in similiar things-video games and power rangers.
I think I am already addicted to bogging- not even a week in.
Joanna

Tanya said...

Love the time out pictures. SO funny. We have started the rewarding good behavior thing with Taylor and it works really well. Tyler likes positive reinforcement rather than always taking things away for bad behavior...so far so good in our home, I hope it keeps working well for you.

zuniga family said...

okay those pictures of Sophie in time out are priceless! I She is a doll! Her angry face is too cute. i don't know how you could stay mad at that!

Blume Bunch said...

Yes, those shopping carts were invented by a man, :) Paige begs to go in them and a few times I let her, the last time I got one with a faulty wheel and almost ran over the elderly and that was the last of that cart! :) NO MORE! haha.

queenieweenie said...

The Time Out pictures are CLASSIC! You can show them to boyfriends when she gets older. I can't believe how big you kiddos are getting and how much Nico looks like Nick! Too fun.

Whitney Palmer said...

Youre such an amazing mother. Im glad I get to learn from you before I have my own!!!