Thursday, March 13, 2008

So tired of sick kids

I have been meaning to post some great pictures of softball/baseball opening day from Sydney and Nico and share some funny little stories about Nico's base running but sick kids keep tripping me up. That's what I was planning on doing tonight but Sophie had other plans for me. It all started three days ago when Sophie began running a fever, and not sleeping. I just thought she was coming down with a cold, no big deal. It was beginning to ware on me but I was surviving. Then yesterday she tripped and fell and split her lip open, so big and fat lip we were still hanging in there. Today I got called into the gym kids klub and Ryan (the baby I watch) was feeling warm and running a little temp. That should have tipped me off right there. So we left the gym with Laura's Kinsie in tow, (helpin a friend out) and we headed home as soon as we walked in the door and after I got Ryan down for his nap, Sophie began screaming her head off and I couldn't calm her down. She didn't want her binkie, bottle nada. And she kept grabbing her throat and putting her finger in her mouth. So it dawned on me to look there. Sure enough, blisters all over her mouth and her tonsils are white you can't even see pink in her mouth. But I'm stuck home until at least 3:00. So we survive and at 5:00 Nick gets home taking Nico and Sophie to baseball and I leave with Sophie to Urgent care.
Fast Foward 3 hours later. Sophie has a fever of 104.6, double ear infections, a viral form of herpes in her mouth that is related to chicken pox, and an eye infection. She screamed almost the entire time at the doctor. Cause she was hurting so much. Poor, poor baby. When she wasn't crying she was holding her throat. I wanted to cry. The doctor put her on 3 different perscriptions plus Tylenol. Cross your fingers she feels better tomorrow, because I have yet again another doctors appt. This time for Sydney, and I have to take Sophie and Ryan with me. sydney has some skin problems that are getting worse and have to be seen like now. And it took me forever to get this appt, with this doc. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to post those cute pics.

7 comments:

Joanna said...

Hope all calms down there in your home. Sick kids are the worst! I've heard of that mouth virus thing. Heather Peck knows a little bit about it, so if you have questions you might want to talk to her.
Good Luck!

Tanya said...

Poor little girl, I feel so bad for Sophie (and you, I sometimes think it is just as hard on the moms). I hope she feels better soon and Syndey is okay.

{priscilla} said...

Oh my gosh! Poor Sophie! How on earth did she get that virus? We've been dealing with sick kids here too for the past 2 weeks but not as bad as sophie :( Vacation is the only thing that pulls me through!! Good Luck!

Jayme said...

poor baby and poor you!! nothing is worse than seeing your child in pain. I hope she is feeling better today. Hope the other kids don't get it too :( did you ever get in touch with your doctor about the not so nice letter they sent you? Hang in there. If need to vent, just call :)

e said...

I am sorry she is so sick. that sounds just AWFUL. we've been sick around here since, I swear, december. I'm over it and ready for SPRING and SUMMER!
Hope sophie feels better soon.

kahnfam said...

Rachel,
It was good to hear from you! Can you believe I finally got a blog done! Kayla misses Sydney too. It was hard for her to leave just as she was making friends. We should absolutely try to get together in the summer! Hope the kids are feeling better!
Jeanette

Luisa said...

That sounds awful--I hope she gets better soon.