Monday, May 12, 2008

The Longest Day of my LIFE!!!

Saturday has probably been my busiest day outside of the day I got married. It started at 5:15 am when I arose and got ready for my first 5k. I ran the Revlon Run/Walk for the Cure with Jennie and Laura. One of the most amazing experiences of my life. To be able to do that was so awesome. There was a moment when we were all at the starting line and we observed a moment of silence for all who went before and are fighting now. I almost started crying. It was so intense. 50,000 people just silent. It was awe inspiring. I was amazed at how well I did. I ran 2 1.2 of the 3.2 miles and I could have done the whole thing. I just didn't know at the time. I was trying to pace myself. I'm pumped to do another one. Baby steps and someday I'm going to run a marathon(jennie you too).

Waiting for the race to start.

This is me just holding my camera up in the air and shooting all the people I could. Crazy how many people were there.
Starting line.

Some of the products they were selling there. This is actually a monthly soap to help you do your self breast checks.

Next was Nico's baseball game (which I missed) and Sydney's softball game. From there my mother in law went and reserved the park for our next adventure. Nico's 5th Birthday Party. Was I smoking crack when I planned this day? perhaps. So I jetted off to pick up his balloons and cake and meet everyone at the park before the party started. So the balloon order was wrong and someone took off with Nico's cake. Someone walked into Costco saw a baseball cake that said Happy Birthday Nico and said looks good go me, i'll take it. Ahhhhh! So I had to sit and wait while they made me another one. So the party started at 5:00 and I got to the park at 4:50. Just as Nick and Nico were arriving from his game. Luckily I had given most of the decor to my mom in law so it was basically done. Then came 25 5 year old boys and their families. We ate good old fashioned baseball food, Nachos, hot dogs, chips and gatorade. It turned out great. I'm so glad we did it.



Nico and his buddy Dawson

Sophie enjoying a hot dog.



Sophie and the pinata.


Nico taking a swing.
Scrambling for goodies.
So then after that, we quickly packed up the party because Nick got 4 tickets to go see the Los Angeles Avengers game. Arena Football at the staples center. The party ended at 7:00 and the game started at 7:30. Can you say crazy? I really think Nick was smoking crack when he took the tickets. They were free and normally $60 tickets. Nick works the Avengers games to recruit so they love him there and will hook him up whenever he wants. You can't say no to free. And it was SOOOO much fun. We can't wait to go again. We got home at 11:30, picked up Sophie from Nick's mom, came home and crashed only to get up early the next day to be at 9:00 am church.


At the game. Do we look tired yet?
The game. Seriously, you all need to go.


My awesome husband took on the task of cleaning the entire house. Which was so scary since we hadn't been home all day and just dumped everything. It seriously looked like a tornado had come through. It was part of my mother's day gift. Thanks goodness Mother's day was the next day. I lucked out.

And this Saturday is shaping up to be just as busy. When will it stop?

5 comments:

denise @ little ant design said...

I'm tired just reading about your day - can you say busy?!?!

Congrats on the run. I'm trying to get ready to run a 5k too.

Natalie Garces said...

You are seriously super mom!!!! I can't believe all the things you achieved in one day. Me and Stevie went over to Terri's after the park and Sophie was being so cute. She was pointing at my tummy and saying "Baby". It was making me even more excited that we are having a girl!

Joanna said...

Yikes- and I thought we had a busy day saturday. Bruin and Capri had a great time at the party. Congrats on the 5K. I ran one of those before I got pregnant with Hudson and I was surprised that I enjoyed it. Let me know if you hear about another one anytime soon.

Betsy said...

I am so proud of you and the 5k! My first of five (my summer goal) is coming up... I'm gearing up, but am still nervous. I foudn some Podcasts that help you with interval training and training for a 5K specifically- I love them. Anyway, your day looked fun and I'm glad that party turned out so great!

Marissa said...

Looks like we had the same idea. I did basefall for Jett's birthday on saturday too. Same cake and pinata (yes I let the Mexican come out, but only for that one day).