I like to spend mine in the ER.
Tonight after dinner the kids were playing in Nico's room and I was washing the dishes and suddenly I hear Sophie producing this earth shaking scream. I run into the room, and Nico tells me she was climbing up the bunk bed ladder, was almost at the top and fell off and hit her head on his toy box on the way down. She couldn't stand up straight, was lathargic, her pupils were getting bigger by the second and she couldn't stay awake. Sounds like a concussion to me. Then the vomiting started. So we headed out. Nick wasn't home from work yet so I had to take all of them. Sophie managed to throw up on the way destroying her clothes, towel and car seat. We waited a short time and the doctor got us in there since it was a head injury. By the time he saw us though, she had perked up a bit and seemd to be her old self. The doctor said I had two choices, 1) a CAT scan to make sure everything was fine, and he was pushing this one since she had vomited twice. and 2) to watch her for the next 24 hours at home. I chose no CAT scan. If she was still lathargic and acting differently I would have done it, but she was back to Sophie again. So he gave me my departing instructions, telling me that if she did vomit again to rush her to the ER for the CAT scan. Fingers crossed, we're in the clear. She's sleeping peacefully now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
How scary! I hope she is better! You are brave for not getting the CAT scan. I would have made them keep her there over night until she was all better! What a good mom you are!
scary!! hopefully she is better today.
Yikes- you have had quite the time lately with your kids. Hopefully it will all pass at once, and nothing will happen for the rest of the year. Let us know how she is doing.
Post a Comment