Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Fourth of July 5k

This year on the 4th Nick & I signed up to run a 5k in Anaheim Hills with the Burkes.  We ran it with all of Jennie's family as well.  When we woke up @ 6:00 am that morning I turned to Nick and said "let' s just stay in bed and sleep, Jennie & Dan will understand" and Nick being the wise husband that he is said "get your butt out of bed, we're going"  We did and I'm glad.  I ran it in 38:15 min.  and Nick in 31:22.  I shaved 7 minutes off my time from the Revlon 5k and I was pushing a double stroller with Sophie and Ryan in it.  So an extra 40 pounds and it took me a few minutes to get going.  I'm sure I could have kept up with Nick had I been able.  None the less, I am proud of myself.  
  After the race we headed over to a park and had breakfast and had a race for all the kids.  Jennie planned it so well.  She had medals for the kids and everything.  So here they are at the starting line.
And they're off.
My kids right after the race.  Love their darling faces.

Our whole family after the race.

Sophie &  Nick doing a little smooching after the race.

Sophie is our little dare devil, and lately she has been letting Nick hold her by just her feet as she stands there.  And she thinks it's the best thing ever.

Nick throwing Sophie in the air.  The camera snapped right at the perfect moment.

5 comments:

Hangin with the Burke's said...

It was a great day!

Betsy said...

Yeah, we both had great runs on the 4th. I'm impressed with that stroller too. That's tough. That photo of Sophie is priceless. Have a great day!

queenieweenie said...

What a studly family you are. I'm so impressed.

Danielle said...

Good for you! You guys are awesome! We definitely need to get together soon. Our kids would have a blast playing together. Let me know what you're schedule is like.

kahnfam said...

The pictures of your family are so precious.