Monday, July 28, 2008

Gettysburg, PA

One of our trips while in Virginia, was to Gettysburg, PA and Hershey, PA. These pics are from our trip to Gettysburg, (Hershey are coming tomorrow) We visited this amazing cemetery that had this outstanding brick structure that I couldn't resist. My kids were so sick of me taking pictures by the time we were done. But I couldn't stop, I got some amazing pics of my kids. I couldn't wait to come home and edit them in photoshop. I am so happy with them, so this post is dedicated to my favorite pictures of my trip back East.

Gettysburg was amazing. I couldn't believe that I was standing in the same places where our country's beginnings took place. That I was standing in the place where so much blood was shed over a few days. It was hard to picture, but awe inspiring. And the museum/visitors center was awesome. I am so glad we went there and I was able to talk to my kids about where our country started and what happened to get us where we are today, the freedoms we enjoy.
















This is where Lincoln gave the Gettysburg address.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I just heard about the earthquake... I hope you all are fairing well.

BC

Jessica Garthe said...

Those pictures are so cute!!!!! Looks like you guys had a blast!

If you are interested in an easier way to post all your pictures, try SLIDE.com. It's a slide show site where you upload all your images, you can even add captions on each picture and then it gives you a html code to copy and past into your blog. Just thought you may be interested.

Jayne said...

hey, in October when Bill and I visit Carolee, we are going to Gettsburg too! I'll have to have you tell me about it and make sure I see all the great places