Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Couple Things

I thought I might take a break from Virginia and update a few happenings around here.  The other day Sophie and Nico collided in the hall and ta-duh...... Sophie has a black eye.  It keeps getting darker and darker.  We were at the mall yesterday and I kid you not, in every store we went in someone said something about her eye.  And then gave me a look when I explained how it happened, like they didn't believe me.   Poor baby Sophie!!!!    And it keeps getting darker and more grotesque looking.  I snapped these pics tonight when the girls were watching tv on my bed.  I love my little angels when they look so cute.  But not so much when they were rolling on the floor of the doctors office earlier today as Nico was getting 5 shots and his blood drawn.  It was bad enough that skinny little Nico took 4 of us to hold him down as he's screaming bloody murder.  Fun times.  



Last week Kalli brought me over some Amish Friendship Bread dough.  It takes 10 days to ferment and stuff and so tonight I got to cook it up.  when you prepare it you dish out four ziplock bags to give to friends and then cook the rest.  So I bagged mine and cooked this.  And the smell the filled my house was so delicious I had to share.  I have already given this batches bags  away but in 10 days I'll have three more bags to share.  So let me know if you if you want some.  It comes with the directions and everything you do so you can make your batches.


Me enjoying my spoils.

3 comments:

Luisa said...

I love the pics of your kids! That bugs when people look at you like you've abused your kid...every kid gets cuts and bruises...so it's ridiculous to jump to conclusions like that with a stranger. I've heard about that bread and that it is SO good...you're making me hungry right now. I think I'll make some kind of dessert now:)

Betsy said...

That black eye is so sad, but cute too. I've seen a lot of people who beat their kids, and I'm sorry, but you definitely don't fit the profile in my opinion. Anyway - I love Amish Friendship bread. If it worked for me to have one, I would totally take you up on it. I hope things are going great for you. I think about you a lot so thanks for updating your blog fairly regularly.

kahnfam said...

The pictures of the girls are so adorable!