Today I used this (above) and tackled this (below)
So Nick has been working a ton lately. Overtime, dj gigs, you name it for some extra cash for our fam. And as you can bet our yard had been taking the beating. It missed Nick caring for it. Our dog was sad that he had to wander in the forrests of our backyard and he is so low to the ground he was getting lost. If any of you know me at all, all this neglect makes me crazy. I like my surroundings in a certain order. I enjoy going to the yard and looking at freshly mowed grass. I love thursdays because that's when our neighbors gardners come and all the yards on our street look so pretty. We don't have a gardner, well Nick is ours. But he has been unavailable. I have asked him many times to show me how to do it and he has always said no, he would.
But today was a new day. In an effort to help my Mr. Garces out I told him I would be mowing the lawns and that was it, so please tell me how. And he did. I mowed and edged the backyard with no problems while sophie napped. And tackled the front yard after dinner when it was cool. I didn't realize that our front yard is very hilly and that would make my mowing efforts that much more difficult. I had sweat rolling down my face by the end. I mowed, edged, swept up, and hosed down all while burning calories and helping Mr. Garces out. I feel very good right now. And it wasn't that bad. I kind of enjoyed it. Now I can step back and look at what I accomplished.
(on a side note: I have been reading the blog of Nie Nie and I love the way she refers to her husband as Mr. Neilson and so I too want to refer to my hubby as Mr. Garces. It reminds me of the movie Emma and how she refers to her love interest as Her Mr. Knightly. (a great movie, if you ever get a chance).)




4 comments:
good for you! see its not that bad. just beware of the weed wacker :)
Good for you! I hate working in the yard so I'm impressed.
Somehow Mr. Weenig doesn't sound all that romantic!
Good job mowing girl.
The best part about doing the yard in comparison to cleaning the house is that it stays looking nice for a few days instead of a few minutes. Wish I had a yard :).
Post a Comment