Sunday, November 18, 2007

Celebrating Sydney

Sydney turns 7 on Thanksgiving and I can't believe where the time went. Anyway she is having a slumber party the week after and this is her cute invite she gave out. I was pretty proud that I came up with this on short notice. I was just going to buy some and she told me she wanted me to make them instead. So here we go.

I am anxious to have 15 seven year olds running crazy around my house. It should be a large adventure.

My second Sydney project is a quilt I'm making her for Christmas. Her bedroom is Tinkerbell Green, pink and white. So I pulled those colors for her quilt. I baby pink in the back is the Chenille i'm backing it in and the print with the darker pinks at the bottom is for a couple pillows.

I seems like about once a year the get the urge to sew something. Last year when i was in Virginia I had the urge to make church dresses for Sydney before Sophie was born. I pulled out
three. And I have the urge again. So Syd gets a new quilt. I've never pieced together a quilt like this, so wish me luck. It can't be that hard. I'll post pics of the finished project.

2 comments:

Hangin with the Burke's said...

Those are really cute. The invitation is so much better than anything you could have bought. I am sure Sydney is going to feel so special.

Marissa said...

I think that the quilt is goona be awesome! Good luck!