Friday, March 28, 2008

Dana Point

We are back from our little vacay at the beach. It wasn't long enough. I thought 6 days at the beach would be enough but alas I was mistaken. I believe we are going to make this our Spring Break tradition. So much fun. We had Easter dinner with Nick's family there. Sorry no pics of that. And we just spent the rest of the week relaxing, going on family bike rides, (my personal fave) and enjoying each other. The only down side, coming home to clean out the motorhome. Took me a while this afternoon.
Here are the pics, Enjoy!

Some things never change, Whiny tired kids,

Piles of stuff ( I hate stuff)

Piles of dirty clothes(i hate laundry more than piles)

And dirty dishes

But some things DO CHANGE. Like the view. This was my front yard for the last week. I am standing on our picnic table in the sand of the beach. Heavenly. This view made all the other things a little more tolerable. Ok, a lot more.

Having a Cheetos fest outside in her jammies.

Just love here. Who can resist that smile and crooked teeth.

Nico is so proud of the fact that he doesn't need training wheels anymore. It was just a little challenging on our bike rides when he wasn't looking.

Tree Monkeys. Our site had no neighbors to one side and we had these trees that were perfect for the kids to climb. They wouldn't come out of them. They loved them, our friends the Mercuros came out for two nights with their 4 kiddies. And the kids were all in the trees. And one of the Mercuros was a brand new little baby. I ate him up. On thursday night he and I became good friends. And I felt my insides say I needed another one of these little guys.

So sad, time to go home. Sydney didn't want me taking pictures of her because she was SOOOOO dirty the entire time, even minutes after bathing she managed to look like she hadn't bathed at all. It made me crazy, why did my kids have to look like orphans and others didn't. Why did I own the dirtiest kids at Doheny?

She'd had enough, I snapped this right before we left. Her naps got off schedule. And she is one of those babies that needs her schedule, her bed, her blankie, her binkie and her stuffed monkey. Needless to say she was happy to return to her world.

To everyone in South OC, we are coming back to stay in the next couple years. This trip made us realize how much we miss it there. Our old stomping ground. We miss our San Juan. So we will be back. And to our friends here in Chino, sorry, as much as we love it here we just feel like ultimately that is where our family needs to be.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

Looks much like our week, but we were in a tent. I'm sure my kids were just as dirty as yours, so don't feel bad.

Danielle said...

How fun! I love Doheny, too! Kids are supposed to be dirty while at the beach- it's more fun that way. Glad you guys had a good time!

bladhfamily said...

So I am trying to get use to the blog thing and I am not sure if I ever will, but I will try. Got your comment like a week after you posted it.I did not even know that Nick had the same surgery. Josh is doing remarkably, just hoping it won't be in the way forever.Didn't know that you guys do the beach camping thing too.I love the beach it is just getting harder to sleep in a tent. I need a beach house.

queenieweenie said...

What a great week. I'm still catching up on laundry from my trip too. Ughhh!!! Okay, so I vote that you should move a little more south. I hear San Marcos is fabulous!

Marissa said...

My mom and I were checking out your blog, she has never seen any of ours, and we noticed the pile of "stuff" that you hate. Then we noticed the "Cucci" (coach/gucci) purse. Then we realized that all that stuff was my mom's. Funny