Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Auntie Kelly

Auntie Kelly came for a visit this last week.  I am so happy when my family comes out to visit.   Nick says I'm always in the best mood while they're here.   Very true.   We were very busy, so this could take a couple posts.  When she arrived we had to find a free clinic for her to get a TB test for school.  Something she just forgot, and we ended up in ghetto Ontario with ghetto people.  It was almost a little scary.  And it took FOREVER.  We're talking 2 hours to get a little needle stuck in your arm, literally took less than 5 minutes.  So after that fiasco we chowed on some Jack in the Crack did a little shopping, (kelly got a darling bathing suit) and hit up soccer practice for Syd followed by In n Out.  All of our eating experiences are places Virginia can't claim so she craves it.   
Thursday we headed out to Fashion Island for a little more shopping, but really what can I afford there, our real motive was to hit up the highly touted Sprinkles Cupcakes.  And yes they lived up to the acclaim.  At least the red velvet did.  And then we headed down to Corona Del Mar for a little romp on the beach.  Kelly has the beach pics from that day so I'll have to get the from her and the Sprinkles pics.  But I do have the fashion island pics so here you go.

Queeda and my girls.  My sisters and I have silly nicknames for each other. Rachel=wiener, Lauren=duane, megan=margaret, kelly=queeda, Charlotte=char char man, and olivia=pirate livvy pee pee pants or pirate for short.  Trust me it's a little embarassing when we're in public and I get called weiner.
Although I don't fit in at Fashion Island, it really is a pretty mall and has some great architecture, so I snapped some.


Before we headed out we made a pit stop at Wahoo's for lunch.  Our fave place, and don't even get me started on how excited I am that by the end of this year Chino Hills will have one. Anyway Kelly, Sophie's blowing you a kiss.
During lunch, all of a sudden Sophie is really starting to cheese it up for the camera.  I LOVE it.
At the fountain at Fashion Island.

Kelly always looks soooo cute.  Ahh to be single again and to be able to spend my money on me and cute clothes.  Kelly you're my style guru.  And don't think I don't copy her, I'm proud to admit it.
Love these little cheese heads.  It was a great day.

1 comment:

Jayme said...

looks like fun! How did you all come up with your nicknames?