Our second trip we took last week was to Laughlin, NV with our boat. We try to take a couple of these trips each summer, but with gas prices being what they are and our SUV being a diesel, we could only do one trip this year. The weather was hot 110 degrees on average, but suprisingly I wasn't dying like I usually am. I don't know if it felt generally cooler or if my body is changing. Who knows. We were there 4 days, and spent 3 on the water. We bought a new pull toy for the kids and we met a wonderful family that was beached next to us. We go the first day and find the beach spot we want, set up our canopy and all our gear, and when the day is done we leave it all there so our spot is still there the next day. And we rent a slip in the marina so we don't have the drama of towing the boat in and out every day on the water. Making our lives so much easier. The family we met are from Redondo Beach and they have a Sophie that's almost 2 as well. The girls loved each other, by the last day they were giving each other goodbye hugs. We can't wait to see them again. I love meeting new friends.

My little model man, my brother told me yesterday he needed a haircut, um NO WAY. I absolutely love his hair. I think I'll keep growing it out long.

Our boat. The little boat that could. This thing is a real trooper. We brought it new in 1998 and it's never disappointed. But as our family gets bigger we are looking at the larger deck boats with boat envy. Maybe in a few years.

This is the new pull toy we got the kids. They loved it, they didn't want to get out. I rode in it with Sophie and it was fun.

So believe it or not Sydney and Nico are in the raft at this point. This thing caught some serious air. At one point they were at least 7-8 feet off the ground. They didn't want to stop flying. The laughter coming out of their mouths was so loud. And they never fell out. Never.


Crusing Lake Mohave. Sophie hated wearing her life jacket. She cried the entire time she had to wear it. Safety first. She loved the water though. Didn't want to come out.

A momentary smile in the life vest. Miracles do happen.

Me and my baby girl. I can't believe she'll be 2 in a couple weeks.

Playing on the sand. They only bad thing about our spot was the giant red ants that infested because Sophie kept dropping food. They were trying to carry entire crackers, it was pretty funny to watch.

My girls. I am so jealous of their skin color. It's that mexican part of them. They get so golden and beautiful. Nico is now darker than Nick with all the sun he's seen this summer.
Sorry I babbbled a little, I'm trying to detail everything for my journaling sake.
3 comments:
Lucky you guys! How fun to have a boat and even more fun to use it to create fun family memories.
So fun!! I wish we had more time and money to do fun family vacations. Jeff and I just keep saying "someday".
You kids are cute, and I agree - DO NOT CUT THE HAIR! :)
Post a Comment