Thursday, August 28, 2008

Trost Girls Nicknames

Jayme left a comment on my last blog asking how my sisters and I came up with out nicknames.  Well I really had nothing to do with it.  It's all my sisters, I'm just a victim.   So here you go Jayme.

Lauren-aka Duane= Lauren has grown up with a condition of her eyes called Duane Syndrome.  Or lazy eye.  She's had a couple surgeries to correct it, but the name has stuck, Duane she is.

Megan-aka Margaret= Margaret stems from the movie Dennis the Menace from the 90's.  The annoying little girl is named Margaret and since my sisters have an affinity for quoting movies Margaret stuck. 

Kelly-aka Queeda= Ok so I have no idea where this name came from.  But when we were there this summer Sophie started calling her Queee-Taaaa.  It was hilarious.

Charlotte-aka Char Char Man= Another one that I think just evolved.  She hated it when we ever called her Charlie or Char so I think it just evolved however I don't know where the man part came in.  I'll have to ask Queeda.

Olivia-aka Livvy Lee lee Pirate pee pee, or pirate for short=When pirate smiles she closes one eye unknowing,  and again have no idea where the pee pee part came from.  Queeda would know.  She's the nickname Don.  

Cameron-aka Fats= (my brother) Links from his obsession for body building so instead of telling him he was getting big muscular wise, I think they just started calling him fats.

Me-aka weiner=  Ok so Don Queeda gave me the nickname Skinny Weinie when I was huge and preggo with Sophie and then right after.  Last summer when we arrived my sisters asked Nico was my nickname was and he told them my name was Rachel Weiner, and Queeda commanded Weiner  it was and still is.  I don't exaggerate when we don't even call each other by our real names.  Even my kids use the nicknames.  

Our mom is mama Jill, and Dad stayed dad.  I don't think anyone wanted to mess with him.  So there you go, the history behind our nicknames.  

2 comments:

Jayme said...

too funny! Its nice that you all are that close to call each other names :)

Tanya said...

That is hilarious and so fun. You girls all seem very close and one of them seems very funny with all the nicknames she comes up with.