Saturday, August 09, 2008

Vacation...Part 1

Last weekend we went camping up in Iddyllwild at Silent Valley.  I should state that camping for me is in my air conditioned motorhome.  We were trying it out to see if we were interested in purchasing a share of it.  It's a members only camping resort, that was very cool.  We invited the Burkes to come with us, and they were able to come up for a night.  We really had a good time, I liked it because it had full hook ups.  But for 24 of the hours we were there, we had no electricity, the whole resort was out cuz there was a fire in the woods started by woodpeckers.  Dang woodpeckers.  So even the general store was out.  It would have been fine had it not been 95 degrees with no breeze.  Just a weird fluke that happened while we were there of course.  

We drank lots of this.
Rode these alot.
Ate some popcorn and played some card games.  Thank you Burkes for teaching us a new game. Lets play again soon.
Pooped out early all by herself.
Got really dirty, dirty enough to match a black eye.
Our home away from home.
Enjoyed some nature.  But not that much. I don't do dirt.
Hung out the window and flashed peace signs.

And cruised around on our bikes.  Had a really fun time. 

Part 2 will come in a couple days as I post the vacation we got home from last night.

No comments: