Monday, August 18, 2008

Hershey, PA

Back to Virginia, I still have more.  Here are some pics from our trip to Hershey PA.  This was the cutest little town.  And since it is the starting place of Hershey Chocolate, every light post looks like a  hershey kiss and when you pass the original factory they pump the smell of chocolate into the air, it makes your mouth water.  We went to what they call the factory but it's almost like a Hershey amusement park.  We saw a 3-d movie that rivaled the Bugs life  3-d at disneyland.  Even Sophie loved it, then we jumped on a ride that took us through the process of making all the yummy candy that Hershey makes.  At the end of each thing you did, there was someone waiting to give you candy.  Yes, this place was free and they gave you candy everywhere you went, and then there was a giant bakery and store.  Yummo!  


These were the singing cows that welcomed you to the ride and they sang throughout the entire ride.   A little annoying when your sisters learn it and never shut up.
Nico @ Gettysburg again, just another fave.
Our first night in Hershey in the Red Robin parking lot.  Lauren NEEDED to eat there.  You can't tell but there is a gorgeous sunset behind us.  And sorry we look sooo tired.  We had driven all day with our pit stops in Gettysburg.
They had some amazing signs all over from when the company was just starting out.  I loved this one.
Lauren and my kids in front of the Hershey cow.
In the lobby, and don't ask why my dad's not smiling, he just doesn't do that anymore.  SMILE DAD!
After Hershey we headed over to Amish country.  A very different experience.  It's very strange to be driving down the street and seeing buggies and horses everywhere.  Kelly couldn't contain herself and every time we saw Amish people and their buggies she started cracking up.  It was pretty funny.   Amish country falls in a town called Intercourse, PA.  Interesting name if you ask me.  So here we are in a silly sign at a Amish marketplace.
Mom and Kelly at Five Guys.  They have pretty tasty burgers and fries.  They rival In'n'Out.
Posing in the car on the way home.  We hit some outlets for some shopping on the way home too.  What's a trip without shopping.  I got some awesome deals at these outlets.

Here's a pick of Amish Country. Pretty Huh?
Lauren thought it was hilarious that she got Nico's hair in a pony tail.

4 comments:

Jayme said...

So fun! I want to live at the Hershey factory...it can't get any better than free candy. LOVE the picture of your kids on your blog title.

Tanya said...

What a fun place! I think I would have been in heaven with all the free candy. Looks like you had a great trip.

Sarah Hull said...

First off, You are so skinny and gorgeous. I am just dying over how cute your hair is. I love it. It is so fun to see you with your family. It looks like you guys had a great time. What a neat trip, full of rich American history.

Carolee said...

So fun!! I am excited to be living in PA and cant wait to hit all of these fun sites:)