Friday, April 04, 2008

I LOVE a good deal!

I love a good bargain. So when I saw the sale add for the 8 hour sale at Albertson's yesterday I was prepared. I prepped my kids so they knew how to behave. Made my list and knew I would encounter lots of people. If you haven't guessed I am big on sales. Nick and I's favorite time is the day after Thanksgiving. We get up at 3:30am to get our deals. So wondering what I got.....
Well I'll tell you.
24 packs of soda, $3.99 (you never find it cheaper) Limit 2
Boneless, skinless Chicken breasts for... wait for it. $1.69 a pound. What? You heard me. I have been a bargain meat shopper since I was little with my mom and this is the best I've ever seen it. I bought everything they had left ( 13 pounds) and put it in ziplocs in my freezer. Needless to say the people behind me were a little ticked. But can you blame me. This was by far my fave deal of the day.
General Mills Cereal for $1 a box
Frito Lay's Chips $.99
Cookies for $1.99
Here is my final total. It also includes a few other items I needed.

Here is what I saved. Hello, I saved more than what I spent. I love that.

Sophie was even great in the store because they were giving away cookies to the kids. I love a good shopping trip and a happy baby.


3 comments:

Danielle said...

That is impressive! I wish I would've known about that sale. Even better that you did it with your kids it tow- very good!

queenieweenie said...

What a shopper! You inspire me.

Mamasita said...

Hi Rachel! I too love a bargain! I can't believe you have 3 kids! They are beautiful! I think I am coming into town in a few weeks...Let's try to get together! I'll put Vicki in charge of organizing it!