Friday, April 11, 2008

Update

I feel that my life has not been that exciting lately so no pics. But here's what's happened at out house.

I started training for a 5k in July with Jennie Burke. We are a little concerned we're in over our heads since neither of us are runners. But we are determined to do it. I'll keep you aprised of our progress. I'm still doing my time at the gym too, in addition to the 5k. I want to be bathing suit ready for the summer.

We welcomed a new cousin. The Jackman's welcomed their latest this last Monday. Welcome baby Ace Jackman, we can't wait to see you.

Last night I got to enjoy a girls night. We ate yummy food and then headed to Joghurt. The newest frozen yogurt joint here in Chino. I am not really a fan of ice cream and frozen yogurt but this place was heavenly. I am addicted. I wanted to go back today. I guess it's comparable to Pinkberry. Although I hated it there so I'm not sure what that means. Then we saw 'Leatherheads'. My thoughts on that, cute, funny but a little long. There were moments I felt my eyes shutting. Maybe it was the hour of night, but maybe the movie was a little too long. I would recommend renting it.

Today my grandpa came over for a little visit. Whenever he and his wife Carole are down in Cali from Washington State. He always makes it a point to come visit me for a couple hours. I love, love, love this sweet man. I have had a love affair with my grandpa Welsh for as long as I can remember. I think it started when I was 4 and we lived with him and my grandma in San Diego. I don't think the man has a mean bone in his body. And he is always willing to cuddle and love me even now at the age I am. I am dearly lucky that he spends his time with me when he's here visiting. And I am so happy that my kids are getting to know their Great Papa and love what I love about him.

Lastly I restored and refinished an antique dresser I found for Sydney's room. More pics of that to come. I still have a couple little things to finish on it.
So there's my week. How was yours?

2 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Sounds like you had a busy, yet fun and exciting week. How neat that you are going to do a 5k. Have you heard of the one they do at Disneyland in August? I think my sister and law are going to do that one.... just got to get this baby out so I can get back in shape.
That is really special that you have such a sweet bond with your grandpa. Such a neat thing. Looking foward to pictures of the dresser.

Betsy said...

Hey- done several 5ks, all knowing i woudl finish last, so go for it... run as long as you can, then feel pride in finishing, even if you walk some of it... Margaret (my mom) and I did the one in my little town that they have every 4th of July. She and I finished dead last, walked the whole 3.2 miles, but since there was only two in her age division- she won $10! I was so annoyed... anyway- I've heard similar reviews of Leather Heads. You should have seen 21 - if you haven't already. It's a great flick- Don't wait for the DVD :) BC