Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Second Grade

Sydney started the second grade yesterday. I can hardly believe it. How has time gone by so fast. When did I become old enough to have a 7 year old? It's like you blink and years just shoot by. I can remember so vividly this time last year and having a brand new baby at home and now she's 1 and starting to talk. It seems so slow going while you're in the throngs of it and then you look back and can't remember how you got where you are. I guess that's why they say childhood is fleeting.

I need to start taking deeper, slower breaths and take in every moment. So in a year I can look back and laugh and smile at the small wonders of my children. Everyday is so infinately special. A day I will never get back. A day I need to bask in at every moment and turn. Not just with my kids but with my wonderful husband. Take every chance to tell them all how much I love them.


Ok, Ok, I'm getting all sappy here. Enough of that here's some pics from yesterday. Sydney can't seem to keep her eyes open for any picture I take so oh well.


And the others are of Sophie enjoying her favorite food. WATERMELON!!!!! Love it. Love it. Love them.
I was trying to take another picture of her and she started throwing a giant fit and threw herself onto the table so I could snap this pic.

2 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Rachel, those were good thoughts. I am trying to soak in the childhood years too. It's nice to be reminded about how fast they really do grow and what special times these truly are.
I think I met you in second grade! When did you guys move to Los Al?? Time seriously just goes so fast these days.

Whitney Palmer said...

Hey, Not sure if you know me but Im one of the Warner kids. I grew up with the Garces family! Marisa and I were close and I dated Tommy for about a min! LOL.
Your family is so very cute! I have a bunch of nieces and nephews that all just started school this week....it takes me back to how scared I was every year I started!