That said, last night was a blast. We have a annual Christmas party every year. This year was our 8th year hosting the shin dig. It is one of our funnest nights of the year. Nick and I have it catered and everyone coming brings a treat to share. Then everyone brings a white elephant gift and a nice gift. We eat dinner, play a stupid holiday game and then have a gift exchange. It's a great night.
We are so glad everyone there could come and we missed all who couldn't make it. Hopefully we see you next year. I at least had a few pics on my other camera.
Here are all the ladies that were there. They are such a fun bunch of ladies.
Ok so Andrea picked this giant box that just kept going and going and going. One layer was even wrapped in saran wrap.
And what was in the box, a small Sees candy gift certificate. It was hilarious watching her open all the layers.
The Okamotos. It was their first year at our party and they battled it out with rock, paper, scissors with the Burkes for the annual giant Barbie. The Burkes won and will have to store her for the next year.
So the story behind the Barbie is this. A few years ago my sister in law Marissa and her husband brought this giant life size barbie dall the was wearing a mexican wrestling mask, wearing no clothes and her hands were tied. The couple that got her saved her all year and brought her back last year in the same mask and added a t-shirt that read I love Rick Jackman. The Biggs got her last year and brought her back this year with all the same get up and added black fish net stockings. So next year the Burkes will bring her back having added something. I can't wait to see what this doll looks like in 5 years.
I hope there is some way I can fix my camera. So I can publish the rest of the pictures.




8 comments:
We had a great time last night, plenty of good laughing. =) Thanks for inviting us and doing this every year.
So much fun!! We look forward to your party every year.
I love in the picture of Andrea opening the gift that Landon and Chelsea are laughing so hard. It was fun, thanks for inviting us!
Sorry we missed it! I'm glad to see that "Barbie" is getting the attention that she deserves. I almost didn't recognize you with your bangs. I thought Jayme had a long lost sister... Anyway, we are having our 1st Annual "Naughty & Nice" Christmas party this Friday. It should be a hoot. Do have any good appetizer recipes? I am just making a ton of different ones for the food. I can't find a place up here that I want to have cater it and I don't feel like making a full dinner menu myself.
Seems that the "new" couples always end up taking home the Barbie!! :) Inviting new people is a must in order for you guys not to get stuck with it, since everyone knows what is in the present shaped like that doll :) Sad we missed it, its always so much fun!
Looks like fun! Sorry we had to miss. I definitely want to see some Barbie pictures!
Rach, sorry we missed it. It looks like fun. Maybe next year. I like the bangs. That is very different for you. I hope we can get together soon.
What a crack up! The party looks like it was a total blast! We too are so sad to have missed it. I love your idea of getting the Los AL girls together... Tara IS coming home for Christmas, so i want to find out when and we can have her come too.
Post a Comment