Soccer Tourney
Everytime I looked over at Nico during the tournament he was all by himself goofing around. in this instance he was eating his fried chicken. And playing power rangers.
Just another moment of Nico being Nico.
Then I caught Nico and Nick having a moment together so I snapped that to.
My sister Lauren was here visiting for the weekend as well and I got her playing with the kids.
Slumber Party
So on Friday nite we welcomed 8 little, lively girls into our home for Sydney's birthday/slumber party. A cautionary word. Never, never, never have a slumber party for 7 year olds. Just don't do it. I don't know what I was thinking. It didn't help that I had spent the majority of my day at the doctor with Sophie who ended up having strep throat. And then spending 2 hours driving home in the rain on the 91 freeway. So I was exhausted. And I had to quarantine Sophie, Nick and Nico during the duration of the party.
A group of seven year olds are wild. I don't know what time they finally kicked off but it was late.
A couple last bits of note.
We didn't make it to church today because of Sophie and the fact that she is sick and hasn't slept in three nights because her throat is so infected and it hurts her so much. So she doesn't sleep, I don't sleep and Nick had to work. So no church.
A last note. One that makes me very happy. Nick got a promotion on the department that he really wanted. In January he will transfer to the recruitment division of the LAPD and get his stripes. He promotes his rank and gets his stripes as well as a pay raise. And his hours will be consistent with our families activities making it so he can be home weekends and evenings. I am so proud of him. Love you babe.




4 comments:
Hey Rachel...sorry Sophie's not feeling any better! I am also sick now! I came down with a horrible cold yesterday and it's still going strong! We didn't make it to church either! I feel like crap.
That is great that your backyard is finished. I hope that Sophie feels better. Hey we are having recipe tasters at the McCooks at 7 on Tuesday.
I'm tired just reading your blog! Looks like a fun, busy week. Love the concrete. LOVE the kids pics. I'm soooo bummed. We have a thing w/Matt's fam Friday night. Thanks for thinking of us! Loves!
You ARE brave! I did a slumber party with my Beehives and I thought that was crazy!! Your yard and house look great, it's a lot of work but you did good! Doesn't it feel good to get those pesky chores accomplished?
Post a Comment