So Nick and I went back to Knotts Berry Farm yesterday by ourselves so we could ride the big kids rides. Sorry no pics, I didn't even take my camera, It's pointless because Nick wouldn't pose if I begged him. But I have to tell you about our experience there.
For some reason since I've had kids I get motion sickness. When I was younger I could ride roller coasters all day and not get sick. So not the case now. So I came prepared with my dramamine. But it was not match for the twisty roller coasters. They got the best of me. But I kept trucking along because I knew how much Nick loves them. And I did all right until the last one. Now I didn't hurl but Nick said I was an unhealthy shade of green and he would feel bad if he made me go on anymore.
So we opted for the log ride. Now I don't know how many of you have been to Knotts at Christmas but the one ride the decorate for the season is the Log Ride. However to say that their decor pales to Disneyland is an understatement. They have elves on this ride, but their elves are possessed and creepy. The music is creepy and the decor is layed on top of the original ride. So riding through there you feel like you are in a cheaply made horror film and the evil elves are going to come to life and attack you with their paint brushes and cooking untensils. And their hands are $.99 mittens they stuffed and taped with duct tape. Then once you get past all that you enter Mrs. Claus's kitchen. Mrs. Claus is a old discarded department store manequin that Knotts probably found in a dumpster and they dressed her up to look like Mrs. Claus with the creepy elves. Then you pass a giant Santa flying over a lit up village like the one I have in Sydney's room.
Last thing we did was go on the wooden roller coaster, because I thought I had recovered. That is "THE WORST RIDE I HAVE EVER BEEN ON, EVER". We sat in the back car and I thought at multiple points during the ride that we were lifting off the tracks, Nick thought so too. That ride made everything hurt like I've never felt before. The little chest I have was throbbing by the end. I feel sorry for anyone more endowed than me who rides that ride. It gave Nick a headache. My trainer had worked me hard yesterday morning and every muscle he worked just ached by the end. And the ride lasted like 20 minutes or something like that. NEVER AGAIN!!!
Regardless of all that, I really did have a great time. Nick and I need to get away like that more often. I need that alone time with him.
We ended the day by buying our kids a BIG, HUGE TRAMPOLINE for Christmas. I can't wait to see their faces when they see it. We went to a party last Saturday night and they had a new trampoline there and our kids didn't get out of it. It was a sign.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I can't believe you didn't like ghostrider! That is my absolute favorite ride there. That is the whole reason I would have gone to Knott's Berry farm. I am sorry you didn't have the same fun experience I have. How are you doing?
Post a Comment