Tuesday, December 04, 2007

What the?

This is so ridiculous. Ok so Sunday night Nico woke up around ten oclock complaining that his head really hurt and his stomach was hurting. And then proceeded to throw up every hour all night long. and took on a high fever. Was crying and lathargic all the next day and it dawned on me that he could have strep throat like Sophie. So I got online looked at the symtpoms and bingo, I knew he had it. Symptoms are vomiting, headaches, adominal pains, and a sudden spiking fever. So I waited until Nick got home and took Nico to urgent care. We spent 2 hours there. The doctor wouldn't let us leave until Nico's fever went down, because she was concerned it was too high. It was 103.4 when we got there. So they gave him meds and we waited and his fever did go down and so they let us go, but not before we got our perscription just like Sophie.

I asked the doctor if she would just give me another bottle for Sydney so I didn't have to come back in three days. She denied me. We survived the night and Nico is finally feeling better. We even made it to Disneyland today. (nightmare, don't ask)

What the? Why are all my kids constantly getting sick? Especially Nico, and when he gets sick it affects him so badly. I am just so sick, of colds, strep throat, the flu, runny noses, all of it. Does it ever get better? I'm guessing not.

Thanks for letting me vent.

3 comments:

queenieweenie said...

'tis the season. Kids ALWAYS celebrate Christmas by throwing up-go figure!

{priscilla} said...

I feel ya! I just went through that about a month ago. 3 of my 4 where sick, 1 with strep and asthma problems, 1 with a fever and cough and the other with a nasty runny nose and a low grade fever. Thank goodness my doctors feel for me and gave me antiboitics for all of them just in cast they were to get strep too! Hang in there, it'll get better!

Katie said...

I feel the exact same way! My kids have had constant/recurring colds since September. I'm sooo sick of going to the doctor!