Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Day Finally Came... It's About Time

So after months of wanting and waiting, the day arrived. Sophie sat and watched t.v. by herself for 30 minutes. Yippppeeeee!!!

I was making dinner the other night and Nick, Sydney and Nico were outside playing and so Sophie was crying while hanging onto my legs. Typical dinner time behavior. So in a last ditch effort I put on the t.v., sat her down and went back into the kitchen. About 10 minutes later in a state of panic I bagan searching for Sophie, she was being so quiet and that is never a good thing. The last place I looked? The family room. And there she was gazing at Wow! Wow! Wubzy! and not moving.

What could this be true. I wanted to snap some pics of this momentious occasion but didn't want to disturb her for fear she might lose her concentration. So I was sneaky. And here it was.


The object of Sophie's affection. Wow, Wow Wubzy!

As to not disturb her



At last she looked my way told me cheese and went back to her show.
I hope this phase lasts a while.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm so happy for you! It's a day to celebrate!! I am still working on that one with Addie- but we're making progress. Do you want to try to get together this week? Janell and I were talking and we'd love to see you!

Carolee said...

I have been out of the blogging world for a while and I just read some of your older posts. I love your New Years Resolutions. I totally agree about having to choose to be happy. I too work on that one everyday. I remember the talk by Bro. Eyring and more than ever I can see the Lord in my life everyday. Last year I started really studying the scriptures and it has changed my life. I have a new love for them and I look forward to reading everyday because I get something new out of them and it seems like I read exactly what I needed for that day.

Ash and Christian said...

For us it's Dora... talk about a LIFESAVER. Any mom can use a good 30 minutes with their child on the couch.

Congrats!

Tanya said...

Love those pictures! I can't wait for my babies to get in that stage.