Monday, January 07, 2008

Vegas

Last week we took the kids to Vegas for a quick getaway before Nick had to start his new detail at work. We decided that the winter, kids, and Vegas don't mix very well. When we go in the summer we hit the pool for most of the day and relax and then go out at night. In the winter you don't have that option. Too cold. So we shopped, ate, shopped some more and ate some more. And we managed a trip to the little fair place at excalibur.


Sydney and Sophie standing on the desk in our room looking out at Vegas. I tried to take a picture of the view but all you saw was my reflection. We stayed at the Hilton, off the strip. It was such a nice hotel. I would definately stay there again. But my favorite hotel is the Westin. Both hotels are smoke free, which I love.
On morning #2 I found Sophie playing in the closet. She had the doors shut and this is what she flashed me when I opened them.
The kids having a pillow fight with Nick.
We went to one set of outlets the first day and the static electricity was so bad, this is what Sydney's hair looked like in one store just from walking around.
My little model. This is Nico hanging out while Nick shops.
Sydney waiting.
We went to the ESPN Zone for dinner one night and this was out in front while we waited.
More posing while we waited.
This was Sophie while we waited to eat. She was pretty good considering all the stroller time she had to do.
This picture is for my sister Lauren, who loves Barry Manilow. He is the headliner at the Hilton so there was no way I could not take this picture for her. In fact she is seeing him in concert in February when he comes to Washington DC. What 25 year old loves Manilow? I blame my mother for introducing us to him. I can remember dancing around the living room while listening to his records. Namely the Cococabana soundtrack from the made for TV movie he starred in.

1 comment:

{priscilla} said...

Looks like you had fun! My kids don't go back to school until the 14th. They had 3 wks off of school! It would've been nice if the baby was older so we could enjoy it more. I'm just looking forward to our family vacay in march...HAWAII!! Unga has so many family members that live there so I already hit them up to babysitt for a couple of days :)