
I have been contemplating what I wanted to say about this man since last night when I heard the news of his passing. And the words I want to convey still aren't coming to me like I feel them. As I was chating with my mom last night to tell her the news we both comented on how sad we felt. And we think it's because he was just a sweet, little old man. He had that look about him. The kind of man that if he were my grandfather, I would never want to leave his side I would just want to sit and bask in all of his sweet sincerity.
When I was in college, Vicki and I had a weekend in Utah. (remember Vicki) It was for general conference and boys. Well when the boy thing didn't work out we were a little bummed, thought our trip was wasted. Well we ended our trip by attending conference. My dad had got us tickets for Sunday afternoon. This was before the conference center, so we were in the tabernacle. And when the Prophet walked into that room and we all rose out of our seats, this feeling came over me that I have never had since. Well maybe in the Temple when Nick and I were sealed. This total and complete peace that in fact he WAS the chosen of our Father In Heaven called to lead His people. A feeling I can't even explain. A feeling that left me in tears. Just a knowledge that indeed he was The True Prophet.
His 6 Be's hang in my kitchen as a constent reminder of how this man has influenced my life. I will deeply miss him.




2 comments:
I think that was when I really gained a testimony of the church. You can't fight the spirit. Why do I feel that everytime I read your blog, I feel sad! (not so much in a bad way). I love that you and I have so many good memories. Seriously, my late teens, early twenties, were some of my best and you were apart of so many of them. I really wish we could have kept that same friendship over the years! I am glad we have found each other again (not in a lesbian way) and hopefully we can some how get that same type of friendship we had. Sorry to get so sappy. Maybe I have just been working so much, that I got too emotional! Seriously, we have SOOOOOOOO many good memories!
We are going to Sarah's party. We have a couple things in mind but haven't come up with a definite yet. Sal wanted to be Ricky and Lucy but I thought of you and Nick and how that would apply to you. Then Shawna (Kasey's sister) also has a Mexican husband and I thought someone was bound to do that so we decided against that. We were thinking Melanie Griffith and Antonio Banderas, which is the front runner for now. We were thinking Heidi Klum and Seal but I don't have the body. Hey you should be that! You have the bangs to do it! You could do that!
Post a Comment