Mom, You have anger issues.
What? What 7 year old says that.
So I follow up with:
Do even know what Anger issues are?
Syd: Sure, it's when you get crazy.
How sad is that, my own daughter knows I can get crazy. So that was my wake up call. No longer do I want to be the mother with anger issues. But the mother who is calm and level headed. Something I admit I haven't been lately. So I am taking this day by day. Maybe even minute by minute. I wish I could say I had more control to look at this week by week. But I don't. So right now I'm doing great. Nico had a meltdown over tv, and I didn't raise my voice, I stayed calm, cool, and collected. I am doing my kids and myself a great disservice by showing them I can't stay sane. And who wants to do that to their kids, the ones they love the most. So the next time Sophie throws herself on the floor for the next tantrum, I will calmly walk away, take a deep breath and come back with my craziness under control. My goal is to hear Sydney say.
Mom, you don't have anger issues anymore, thanks.




1 comment:
You can do it! Way to face this head on! I just did a post about facing our vices and how we have the power to make the changes we see necessary in our life, but not until we see them as necessary.
Post a Comment