So our bedtime prayers went like this tonight.
Nico: Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this bay (laughing)
Dear Heavenly Fath (laughing)
Dear Beavenly Father ( hysterical laughing)
Sydney: (laughing through her nose)
Mom: Nico just say the prayer the right way
Dad: (laughing silently)
Take #2:
Nico: Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for bis day, (but continued) Thank you for missionaries, prophet, mommy, daddy, syd, sophie and me.
Thanks for my toys, my clean clothes, my kid cuisine with fried chicken for dinner, for candy.
Sydney: (still laughing through her nose)
Mom: Nico Say is the right way again.
Nick: (shaking he is laughing so hard)
Take #3
Nico: Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day (finally!) thank you for daddy's stinky Bu....tt
Sydney:(almost peeing her pants laughing)
Mom: Ok that's it your done, in bed now young man. (i said it yelling and really said young man)
Nick: peeing his pants he's laughing so hard
At this point Nico is crying begging me to start over again. Too late I sent him to bed.
How do I teach my kids how to say heart felt prayers when their dad is laughing with them?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
That is hysterical. How did you not laugh? Way too be strong. I think i would have been like Nick on this one. I would have been dying!
too funny!! We have had prayers like that too. aahhh...the things children say!!
I about peed my pants. That is SO FUNNY. It reminded me of growing up. We were (and still are when we're all together) the WORST at family (usually dinner) prayer. My dad was the worst one and would always laugh and sometime be the reason why we were all laughing. (he's bishop now... so Heavenly Father must have a sense of humor too).
Love it! That is too funny...it is so hard to not laugh when they do funny things during prayers! :)
I know why Nick was laughing, cuz that is the same exact thing that used to happen every FHE at our house growing up. The boys would always screw up the prayer or something and then we would all start laughing, and then my mom would get so mad that she would yell at us to all go to bed. Good times!
Well I think times like those is what our children will remember and have the fondest memories, at least in my family. They will learn through watching you and Nick doing it the right way, but let those few times slide with the relization that it was a bonding moment between the whole family.
Post a Comment